Are you planning to visit historic Gettysburg, PA?
There is something for everyone in Gettysburg. Some people love the museums, some people love to walk the battlefields or take part in reenactments, and some love to look for ghosts...
I love Gettysburg for its beauty.
My favorite time to visit is in the spring when the native pink redbuds and white dogwood trees are in bloom.
Sitting on Little Round Top, watching the sun set over the hills and hearing the shouts and laughter of children playing in Devil's Den below... that is when I feel most grateful to the men who shed their blood there.
They hallowed that spot that it might be preserved as a reminder of what our country means to us.
This small town has a special meaning for me. I live a little over an hour away in Maryland. A trip there is like a vacation. It has the feel of a vacation spot with tourists around, but it never feels crowded and oppressive like Washington, D.C. can. Surrounded by battlefields, it still has 19th century small town charm.
On this website, I will share what I love about the area and the best places to visit on your trip or family vacation.
Some of my favorite places will take you beyond the battlefield and off the beaten path. I encourage you to explore beyond what you learned in history class in school.
Visit this special area with me. It truly is a beautiful place.
- Gettysburg Blog
- The Gettysburg Blog keeps you informed about all additions and changes to the visit-gettysburg.com website. Subscribe to the RSS feed here.
- Your Gettysburg Online Community
- Share the best recipes, ghost stories, photos, and more in the Gettysburg online community. Rate your favorites!
- Gettysburg Tourist Attractions for Everyone
- There are a variety of Gettysburg tourist attractions to fit every age and interest. Some are battle related, and some are not.
- Gettysburg Battle History
- Learn Gettysburg battle history, understand the battle of Gettysburg in 1863, Gettysburg address,, flags of the Civil War, historical maps, and more.
- Gettysburg Battlefields, Hallowed Ground Preserved for Us
- Explore the rolling hills and open fields of the Gettysburg battlefields and learn the best battle locations to visit.
- All about Civil War Clothes for Men, Women, and Children
- What did they wear at the Battle of Gettysburg in July 1863 that's still popular around town today? Civil War clothes!
- The Online Gettysburg Events Schedule
- Use this Gettysburg events schedule to make sure you don't miss something important on your next visit. My calendar is always up to date!
- Civil War Food
- Learn about the role of Civil War food and find the best places to eat in Gettysburg, PA.
- Civil War Activities, Free Civil War Games for All Ages
- Looking for the best Civil War activities? Entertain and stimulate your mind with these free Civil War games for all ages.
- Favorite Gettysburg Lodging Options
- Here's my guide to the best Gettysburg lodging options: hotels, bed and breakfasts, campgrounds, or cabins. I'll share my favorites with you so you can plan a great Gettysburg vacation!
- Map of Gettysburg, Major Routes in the Area on Gettysburg Maps
- The best Gettysburg maps online! This handy map of Gettysburg will show you the major area routes, plus there's a close up view of the tiny roads in town.
- Pictures of Gettysburg PA
- Look at historical pictures of Gettysburg PA and learn how to easily do online research from your computer to find more Gettysburg photos.
- Sightseeing Gettysburg PA: a List of Gettysburg Tours
- When sightseeing Gettysburg PA, you have many Gettysburg tours to choose from. Ride a bus, train, Segway scooter, or go on foot.
- Where is Gettysburg, Pennsylvania?
- Are you wondering, where is Gettysburg in relation to other major cities? Find the answer and city coordinates for Gettysburg PA.
- Make Money from Home
- Learn about me and how I make money from home by sharing my love of history and Gettysburg. It's a great home based business opportunity.
- Favorite Gettysburg Feedback
- What are your favorite Gettysburg places to visit? Is there somewhere special on the battlefield? Where is the best restaurant? Please share your opinions!
- Gettysburg Website Search
- Need help finding information about Gettysburg or the Civil War? Use this Gettysburg website search!